Gay Baby Bust

Gay dads I love children -- I really do -- and they like me. But I've never wanted the responsibility and bother of my own babies (or, heaven forbid, my own teenagers).

So for a long time, I was content with a complete lack of pressure on me to produce children. I thought of it as one of the many perks of being an out homosexual man: Unlike my straight siblings, I never had to contend with not-so-subtle hints about absent grandbabies. None of my friends ever pointedly mentioned my biological clock. And no fellows ever ruined a perfectly nice first date by asking me whether I wanted children. (Just for the record, guys, this is a terrible question to ask on a first date. Check with your straight girl friends for more tips.)

In the 20 or so years I've been an out gay adult, attitudes toward gay men having kids have definitely changed. All of a sudden, it seems, everyone -- from elderly relatives to tricks I pick up in disreputable bars -- is asking me about my plans to start a family. And I'm not even married yet -- hell, I don't have definite plans for this weekend. But all the gays want kids now. It's like babies are this year's Jack Russel Terriers!

You can read MORE HERE

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin