From Gay.com-its interesting topic, i like it...

Men generally suppress the urge to cry because it’s considered a sign of weakness and one of the many stigma attached to masculinity that society has placed on us. In the dating world gay men often look down on each other when emotion or vulnerability are expressed because many guys aren’t attracted to behavior construed as feminine.

The whole “straight acting” mentality constrains us so much that we behave mostly in ways that appear attractive to others rather than what might come naturally. Why is it then, when we are identified as being “an old married couple” (regardless of age) that we can let our feminine sides come out? And yet sometimes not even then if we still want people to think we’re a hot couple?

As an openly gay man for 20 years, I happen to be one of those gay-from-across-the-road kinda guys. I’ve NEVER been able to “pass” as straight my whole life, even when I was dating girls. So acting straight seems pointless to me.

This is not to say I enjoy walking around in heels (too hard on the arches), nor that I don’t love using power tools and shooting guns and other “real man” stuff. And except for working on cars (manicures aint cheap), things like tearing down walls with my Sawzall are fucking awesome.


READ More here

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin